It is CLC Policy that every learner has the right to be happy, safe and secure. We are committed to our Safeguarding Policy and this is reflected in our work with learners and employers. CLC work together with other agencies including the Local Safeguarding children’s and Adults boards to support children young adults and vulnerable adults who are at risk of harm.
We recognise that all members of staff including the directors and senior managers have a full and active part to play in protecting our learners from harm and that the learners personal development, behaviours and their welfare is our principle concern
All staff at CLC have a duty to provide a caring protective, safe and stimulating environment that learners feel safe and one that promotes social, emotional and the physical wellbeing and development of our learners.
At CLC we will:
- Provide an environment in which learners, young people and vulnerable adults feel safe, secure, valued, and respected and feel confident and know how approach a member of CLC staff of they have concerns or need to report abuse.
- Raise the awareness of all staff of the need to safeguard Young People and Vulnerable Adults and of their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse.
- Systematic monitoring learners known or thought to be at risk of harm
- Ensure staff follow the structured procedure in cases of suspected abuse
- Develop and promote effective working relationships with other agencies in including the Police and Local Safeguarding children’s and Adults boards
- Ensure that all staff at CLC have been checked as to their suitability to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
If you have safeguarding concerns please contact our Safeguarding Officer at CLC on 01983533993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org